Image Text and Trims
To ensure that trim tolerances are maintained, all non-bleed images and text should be kept at least 3mm from the trim.
Solid black areas should be made up of 40% Cyan, 20% Magenta, 20% Yellow and 100% Black to deliver a strong deep colour.
Page creep will occur on booklet jobs. To ensure a high standard of production and to help with the finishing all page numbers, non-bleed images and text should be kept at least 10mm from the trims. We advise you to allocate a 5mm bleed on all booklet jobs.
Fold panels for A4-DL should be set from left to right 98-99-100 (outside) and 100-99-98 (inside). Supplied PSD artwork always remains the responsibility of the customer. Print Us Professionals will not accept responsibility for errors due to out of specification files.
Request A Quote
Please fill up the form below.
Standard Product Sizes
- Business Cards – 90 x 55mm, 89 x 54mm, 90 x 50mm or 90 x 45mm
- DL – 210 x 99mm
- 2DL – 210 x 198mm
- A6 – 148 x 105mm
- A5 – 210 x 148mm
- A4 – 210 x 297mm
- A3 – 420 x 297mm
- A2 – 594 x 420mm
- A1 – 840 x 594mm
At Print Us Professionals, we will only accept the following formats as final artwork. Artwork which does not follow these specifications will incur artwork charges.
- Adobe Acrobat (PDF) version XI or below (PDF)
- Adobe Photoshop version CC or below (PSD or TIFF)
- Adobe Illustrator version CC or below (AI, EPS, PDF)
- Adobe InDesign version CC or below (INDD)
- Print Us Professionals accepts files in PC or MAC format.
- All images must be saved in CMYK at 300dpi.
- Make sure all colours are nominated correctly as PMS or CMYK.
- OVERPRINTS MUST BE TURNED OFF
- All artwork must include a minimum of 2mm bleed and crop marks.
- Where possible, please convert your text to outlines or curves.
- Please supply us with all relevant files, including fonts and links (graphics)
Pre Press Guidelines
Acrobat Distiller settings and InDesign templates for standard products are available from our Prepress department.
Please use PDF Version 1.4.
Ensure all files are flattened (flattening options turned on).
Supply multiple page PDF with 1 up artwork on each page.
Use CMYK not RGB. OVERPRINTS MUST BE TURNED OFF.
Supply with crop marks and 2mm minimum bleed.
Ensure artwork is centered in document.
Text and non-bleed images should be kept 3mm from trims.
All fonts must be embedded, or you can outline fonts before creating a PDF to avoid issues.
Graphic/Images elements checklist
Bitmaps images supplied at 400dpi.
CMYK images supplied (no RGB, LAB, PMS colours).
Combined colour ink density should not exceed 300%.
No ICC colour profiles will be used.
It is strongly recommended that a flight checking application is used to check the integrity of the PDF prior to sending to Print Us Professionals.
Storage of Files
Please be aware that PDF’s will remain on our system for up to 1 week following printing. Print Us Professionals does not undertake archiving and retrieval of customer data.